iRide.2020.01.22 Clouds & Hawks


I was only firing on one cylinder again today, so I took my time and stopped frequently to take photos. The Pine Valley Mountains were channeling the Alps on a mild and sunny winter afternoon. My photos do not do justice to the constantly changing cloudscapes in the latter part of the day. A correspondent sent me a dramatic re-envisioning of the first photo, which motivated me to attempt a more subdued enhancement of my own in the final photo below.

A couple of hawks and I did the Utility Pole Two Step along the length of W3000S. I would U-turn and approach quietly, but the hawks would spook and fly along to the next pole. This dance would then repeat. Finally my perseverance paid dividends and an exasperated hawk sat long enough atop a pole for me to get into position with my feet on the ground and my camera in my hands to take the sequence shown in the second collage.




View a STRAVA entry for this post (login required); click below for limited access:

Comments