iRide.2020.05.18 Roadside bounty



I was not expecting to see roadside fruit so early in the season. I hope this means that there will be a bumper crop again this year. It was a delight to pull over and watch the cloud shadows moving across the gently rounded summits of the line of dormant volcanic vents running south from Sullivan Knoll (formerly Volcano Mountain).

I don't take many photos from that viewpoint (if an arbitrary point at the side of the road may be referred to as a viewpoint without embarrassment) and I got to thinking: if one stood at any arbitrary point in a visually uninspiring landscape, would the weather, the season, and most importantly the light, eventually combine to create the conditions for an interesting photograph? My own guess is that it would just be a matter of patience.

Click/tap any photo to switch to gallery view
View a STRAVA entry for this post (free login required); click below for limited access:

Comments