Blame it on the moonlight


I took a camera on my ride, but forgot the memory card. If I told you I saw a white llama peering over a fence in the moonlight, would you believe me in the absence of photographic evidence? I did see the moon setting and I did see a llama peering over a fence, just not both at the same time. Our memories plays tricks on us.

I recall reading an interview with a retired picture editor from the days when newspapers were how people received their news and informed themselves about the world. He was asked what defined a professional photographer and he explained: 'The professionals always come back with something I can use.' Blush. That's why I am only an amateur photographer.

The four photos for today are ones that didn't make the editorial cut on Monday.

Click/tap any photo for gallery view

Comments