Weary and reluctant sunrise


Wednesday ride: The wildfires in the area have created air pollution around the valley. I was hoping for a spectacularly fiery dawn, but when it came it rose wearily and reluctantly above the smog with very little drama. I had anticipated an amazing sunrise so that I could headline this entry with: Smoke on the water, fire in the sky. I have the eponymous track playing in the background from Deep Purple on the 1972 Machine Head album. Beethoven would surely roll over if he knew the main riff was based on his fifth symphony. The Utah paddy fields are not really up to Lake Geneva standard either, but come on, use your imagination!

Today was another opportunity for hawk watching. Several birds were working the Dick Stout airport and the scrub across the other side of the road. Another pair (or perhaps the same pair I saw yesterday) settled on one of the utility poles and one proceeded to screech at the other. This time I caught the action on camera for anyone who can beakread.

Click/tap any photo for gallery view

Comments